Equatorial Guinea, before the Spanish Guinea, consists of Río Muni (10,045 quarter ми; 26,117 sq.km), on the western coast of Africa and several islands in the Gulf of Guinea the biggest of which is Bioko (before Fernando Po) (785 quarter ми; 2,033 sq.km) and other islands - Annobón, Corisco, Elobey Grande and Elobey Chico. On the square Guinea is twice more than Connecticut.Form of government
The continent was originally occupied by Pygmies. Fang and Bubi migrated there in the 17th century and to the central island of Fernando Po (Bioko) in the 19th century. In the 18th century, Portuguese conceded lands to Spaniards, including Equatorial Guinea. With 1827 to 1844 Great Britain operated Fernando Po. Till 1926 Río Muni didn't belong Spaniards. It is the only country of Africa speaking Spanish.